21 DAYS TO A HAPPIER YOU!
Please sign up for free info listed to the right. Also, please share or comment on this blog by clicking on the heading – then the facebook and twitter icons will appear at bottom of blog. Thank You!
Five habits and 21 days to
being happier – think about it!
Our problem with being happier is that we often think,
“When I get my credit cards paid off”, I will be happier.
“Once we are married, I will be happier”.
“Once I get through school and get making some money” I will be happier.
But the goal post keeps moving! Once you get what you thought you wanted, you set up another goal line.
The key to success and happiness is being happy now. Enjoying THE GIFT of each day. THE PRESENT! The secret to life is being happy and then that leads to being more successful, having the relationship you want and doing everything in life with more ease. Your thoughts are the key. Think good, happy thoughts.
A study done at Harvard University shows you five easy steps – done for 21 days in a row, which can help you be happier. Your brain in a more positive state gives you the happiness advantage – your intelligence, creativity and energy rises. The Harvard study found that you could be 31 percent more effective in life. You could be 37 percent better in sales and doctors were found to be 19 percent more efficient.
Just watching the video below, with Shawn Achor describing his findings will make you feel happier because of his humour.
So, the 5 small changes, done for 21 days that create a ripple effect to your being happier are:
- On index cards write 3 things you are grateful for each day for 21 days and re-read daily.
- Write something that happened each day that you enjoyed and keep reading each day.
- Do some type of exercise each day – I recommend walking by the water etc.
- Sit and be still, quiet your mind, meditate for 15 to 30 minutes each day.
- Do random acts of kindness for others for 21 days and beyond!
What will happen is
- Writing out what you are grateful for will get you in a pattern of looking for positives in life not negatives! You realize that you have a lot more to be grateful for than you realized.
- Writing and then re-reading nice moments gets you to relive a happy moment over and over.
- Repeated exercise teaches your brain that behaviour matters.
- Meditation helps us get over cultural ADHD – because we are always trying to multi-task and helps us focus on the task at hand.
- Doing acts of kindness for others makes us feel good to be helping someone and we will see more kindnesses around us.
Our MKMMA course has been focusing on the above five means of being happier for 5 weeks and over 93 percent of those that were faithful to doing all of the steps we were asked, reported they were happier!
Wishing you great happiness!
Think about it – you could be happier in 21 days – start 5 new habits today!
I think you will be glad you did!!
Awesome Connie, True! Indeed! It’s time to be Happy Now!